Start A FundraiserFundraising Has Never Been Easier
You can create a facebook fundraiser in minutes! Supporting Urban AZ’s programs have never been easier.
Facebook Fundraising How-To
Just follow these easy steps to launch your fundraiser!
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/fund/UrbanAZ.org/
- Follow the prompts to set a goal, deadline, and tell your friends and family why you chose to support Urban AZ.
- Click create and share with your network!
- Share your fundraiser a few times while it’s active to make sure all of your friends see it. We also recommend that you share the link directly with your nearest and dearest to get the ball rolling.
You can encourage your friends to support Urban AZ by adding a donate button to your Facebook post:
- From your news feed or profile, draft your Facebook post asking friends to donate to Urban AZ.
- Click the button below the post with three dots.
- When the additional options have populated, select “Support Nonprofit”.
- When the search field appears, search and select “Urban AZ”.
- Click “Post” to publish the post.
To make sure your donation post is as effective as possible, consider:
- Adding a photo
- Sharing the post through Facebook Messenger or onto a Facebook Group to make sure specific members of your network see it
- Sharing a personal story about why Urban AZ’s mission resonates with you
Facebook Live is a great tool to interact with friends in real time and livestream events and activities, sharing important moments as they unfold. You can go live on Facebook to raise awareness about Urban AZ and inspire your network to support brain health.
To go live:
- Click “What’s on your mind, [Name]?” at the top of your News Feed.
- Click the button with the three dots; select “Live Video” from the additional options.
- To add a donate button to your live video, click the button with the three dots again; select “Add Donate Button”. Search and choose “Urban AZ” as the designated nonprofit.
- Draft a message to share the purpose of your live video and inspire your friends to tune in.
- Click “Go Live” in the bottom left.
Once you’re live, you’ll see a red “Live” button on the video.
Use these best practices to have the most successful Facebook Live experience possible:
- Ensure that you have a strong Wi-Fi connection.
- Let your network know ahead of time so they can plan to tune in.
- Broadcast for longer periods of time to reach more people.
- Repeat your message throughout the livestream for people who joined later.
- Thank supporters who donate in real time to encourage others to follow suit.
- Share your personal story that has inspired you to support Urban AZ.
To learn more about using Facebook Live, check out Facebook’s FAQ page.
Facebook Fundraising FAQS
Are there fees for donations made on Facebook?
No. Facebook covers all fees for donations made to charitable organizations like One Mind.
How are donations made on Facebook distributed to Urban AZ?
Birthday donations from Facebook are sent to the nonprofit organization in a monthly payment at the beginning of the month. Nonprofits connected to Facebook Payments receive the donation via electronic transfer.
How can I find my Facebook fundraiser?
Go to https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/manage to see your fundraisers.
Instagram has more options for fundraising than ever before. Let your friends and family know how they can support Urban AZ by posting a Donate sticker on your Instagram Story or hosting a fundraiser on Instagram Live.
Instagram Donation Sticker
The donate sticker enables followers who see your donation sticker in your story to tap “Donate” to easily support one Mind. To add a donation sticker to your story, follow these easy steps:
- From your Instagram Story, tap the square face icon to add a sticker.
- Select the donation sticker.
- Choose @Urban_AZ as the nonprofit you want to raise money for and customize the name of your fundraiser.
Swipe up on your story to see the total amount raised and donations by username.
For best results, post the donate sticker in multiple stories to raise awareness. Remember that a story will only be visible to your followers for 24 hours unless you add it to your profile as a Highlight.
Instagram Live Fundraiser
You can support Urban AZ by starting a live fundraiser on the Instagram app. Just follow these steps:
- Tap the camera icon in the left of your feed.
- At the bottom of the screen, select “Live” from the three different tabs.
- Tap “Fundraiser” with the heart icon on the left side of the screen.
- Search and select @Urban_AZ as the designated beneficiary of your fundraiser.
- Tap the circular Live button in the center of the bottom of the screen to start your Live fundraiser.
Tap “View” in the bottom right to see how much money you’ve raised and a list of viewers who’ve donated to your fundraiser.
Click “Wave” next to a donor’s name to thank them.
You can go live with someone else, but you must fundraise for one nonprofit.
Once you end your live video, you can choose to share your live video to your IGTV, download it to your device, or delete it.
For more information, see Instagram’s FAQ page.
Will nonprofits be charged any fees? Will Instagram profit from donations?
Instagram waives all nonprofit fundraising fees, so 100% of donations go to the beneficiary.
How much can someone donate?
People can donate $5 – $2,500 per contribution. However, they can donate multiple times to the same fundraiser.
How does Urban AZ receive donations made on Instagram?
Once the funds raised for UrbanAZ reach $100 or the equivalent minimum donation payout amount, they become eligible for a payout. Payouts take 2 weeks to process and will occur biweekly as an ACH or direct deposit to the organization’s bank account.